Find Your Voice! Summer 2023
SUMMER 2023: FIND YOUR VOICE! / ¡ENCUENTRA TU VOZ!
Our voices have power. We use our voices to share stories, express ourselves, and spark change. Our voices include not only the sounds we make, but the words we write, the art we create, the movements we perform, and the actions we take each day to impact our world.
Check this website and our Facebook and Instagram pages for updates on library programs and services.
Instagram: @montaguepubliclibraries Facebook: Montague Public Libraries
If you have any questions, please call the Carnegie Library, 863-3214
or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Summer Reading Events
For programs will be held outside, at the Carnegie Library, under the tent. Please bring a blanket or something to sit on.
CHILDREN & FAMILIES
- Monthly Grab & Go Bags. While supplies last. All three branches.
- Every Tuesday: Game Day. Looking for something fun (and free) to do during summer vacation? Play a board or card game from our collection or bring a favorite from home. Designed for families with children but all are welcome! Carnegie Library, under the tent. 1:00-3:00p.m.
- Every Wednesday: Story Time. Join for stories and songs. Montague Center, 10 a.m. Note: This program happens outside of the library's regular hours.
- Every Wednesday: LEGOS on the Lawn. Carnegie Library, 1:00-3:00p.m. Activate your creativity and imagination, building with library LEGOS, at the Carnegie Library, under the tent. DUPLO blocks will also be available for our youngest patrons!
- Every Thursday: Playgroup. 10 a.m. Guided and free play for preschoolers; older siblings welcome. Carnegie Library, under the tent.
Fridays in July: Yoga with Ms. Sue. 11:00-11:30a.m. Enjoy ''mindful moments'' with your child as local author and yoga instructor, Sue Fuller, demonstrates yoga poses, at the Carnegie Library, under the tent. Ms. Sue — as her students know her — is inspired to empower children, parents, caregivers and educators to adopt practical life skills that will contribute to their social and emotional development.
Tuesday, June 27: Summer Reading Kick-Off. Carnegie Library, under the tent. 11:00a.m. Join us to celebrate the start of the Summer Reading Program for children and teens! Music, with Carrie Ferguson, activities, and snacks. This program is supported in part by a grant from the Montague Cultural Council, a local agency which is supported by the Mass Cultural Council, a state agency.
- NEW! Saturday Story Times, starting June 10: Carnegie, 10 a.m. – 11:00a.m. This weekly program is designed to jump-start early literacy skills for preschoolers. Join us at the Carnegie Library, under the tent, for stories, songs, and rhymes. Feel free to bring a blanket or chair to sit on.
The last Saturdays of June, July and August, we will meet for a special Pop-Up Story Time, at the Great Falls Farmers Market, at Peskeompskut Park, same time!
- Every Thursday: Teen Zine Club. 2:30p.m. - Join Montague Public Libraries staff at The Brick House to make a zine of your own, meet fellow zine-enthusiast and makers, and hang out! No prior experience is needed! Snacks will be served.
- Tuesday, August 8: Interactive Art . 2:30p.m. - The Brick House Teen Center
- Fourth Fridays: Youth Advisory Committee June 23/July 21/August 25 4:00-4:45p.m. - Carnegie Library